My ABN is 19 434 688 996. I operate the services available through both sarahstanford.com.au and novelise.com.au.
This policy helps you understand these topics:
- What data is collected
- How data is collected
- How data is used (including for marketing)
- How data is stored
- Cookies (including what they are - not just delicious treats! - and how this website uses them)
- Your data protection rights under the GDPR
- What to do if you want to know more about your information
Before we go any further, there are some things we need to get out of the way...
- If an individual provides any information, including personal information, about another person, then the individual warrants that they have that person's consent to provide the information. That means, if you send me the phone number of a person on your team, I assume you have their consent to share that information with me.
- This website and my services are unavailable to children (persons under the age of 18 years). If an individual is under 18 years of age, they should use this website and services under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
What data is collected
- Personal information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Financial information, such as bank details.
- Statistical information, like how a user is navigating the website.
All information that is collected, is either necessary or incidental to the day-to-day running of my business as a sole trader.
How data is collected
You directly provide me with most of the data I collect.
I collect and process data when you:
- Register online for a meeting or paid service.
- Voluntarily offer information or provide feedback through email, on social media, via a feedback form, or through the contact form on the website.
- Sign up to receive marketing emails.
- Make a payment via credit card.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
If your information is collected by mistake, or if there is a data breach, I'll do my best to contact you and alert you.
How data is used (including marketing)
I collect data so that I can:
- Provide services to you and collect payment from you for those services (for example, so that I can email you about an agreed project, and send you an invoice for the work completed).
- Send marketing emails. If you have agreed to receive marketing emails, you can always unsubscribe at any time.
- Send you gifts or treats to say thank you!
How data is stored
Your data is stored in a range of cloud-based applications that are essential to delivering services and the day-to-day running of the business.
- Google Workspace, which holds information in the form of emails, files, feedback forms calendar appointments, video conferencing and recordings.
- Rounded, which is an accounting software.
- Stripe, which processes credit card payments.
- Acuity, which helps you make bookings directly into my calendar.
- Substack, where I publish my marketing emails.
- Buy Me A Coffee, where you might 'tip' me for my work.
- Webflow, which hosts the website and any contact forms on the site.
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel, which collect de-identified data about how a user interacts with the website.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
sarahstanford.com.au may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Providing you with a faster website experience (functionality cookies)
- Understanding how you use our website (advertising cookies)
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. Some website features may not function if cookies are turned off.
Your data protection rights under the GDPR
If you are in the EU, you are protected by the GDPR.
Under the GDPR, every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that I complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that I transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me at: email@example.com.
What to do if you want to know more about your information
If you have any questions, complaints or disputes, you can contact the Data Owner via post, email or by using the contact form on the sarahstanford.com.au website.
Data Owner: Sarah Stanford
C/O C.O.Booth Law & Advisory
262 Macquarie Street
Dubbo NSW 2830
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org